A few things we do at Creative Slice to be more green & environmentally friendly:
Green Choice logo & water bottle
- Purchase solar power through the GreenWatts program with Tucson Electric Power.
- We get our office drinking water (and many lunches) from the close-by Community Food Co-Op.
- We support Environment Arizona with a monthly donation.
- We use LCD monitors and laptops, helping to lower our energy consumption.
- We use a Kill-A-Watt device to determine energy loads from our devices and keep them to a minimum.
- We participated in the One Laptop Per Child project to provide learning tools to children in developing countries.
- We’re now selling GREEN CHOICE stainless steel reusable bottles!
- The majority of our meetings are done via email or phone which means our clients & contractors don’t need to drive as often.
- Our office uses 100% natural light during working hours. In fact, our light switch could use a dusting.
- Our office is part of a co-working space Spoke6 (which we founded) located just North of Downtown Tucson.
- We generally commute via bicycle to our office and Tim Bowen bicycled more miles than he drove in 2008.
- All of our office paper is 100% recycled (though we rarely even use the printer and generally it’s powered off).
- We recycle paper, plastic, cans, glass, etc.
- We are members of the 1% For The Planet program and donate 1% of all our profits to eco-friendly organizations.
- We are part of Local First Arizona as well as Green America.
- We support our local community radio station (KXCI) with a yearly donation.
- We’re part of the Better Business Bureau in Tucson, AZ.
- We support the Sonoran Institute and The Nature Conservancy with a yearly donation.
- We recommend the 100% solar powered web host AISO.net to many of our clients for web hosting.